analytics

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thirty Day Challenge, Clash of the Ryans!

For the past few days, We have been setting up something fun. Fellow blogger and tweeter/Warmonger Ryan (@RTGamer) and I have decided to run a 30 Day Challenge!

The contest is this: Assemble and paint to the usual army standard 25 models, in 30 days.

The Winner get gloating rights, the loser must change the color of their blog to pink for two weeks. Yes, this means the Top Ten would be on a pink background. I had better not lose!

He is painting some Menoth troops and some other stuff. I am painting Red Scorpion Space Marines. Two 10-man tactical squads and a 5-man devastator squad to be exact.

At first, it seems unfair. Red Scorpions are simple to paint, especially the way I do them... However, we agreed that this is countered by the fact that space marines are a lot more involved during the assembly stage.

There is one other hiccup to deal with. I dont have enough Red Scorpion Chapter shoulder pads for all 25 models! So, Ryan graciously agreed to allow me to skip that on a few of them. Ill just paint the pads and glue them on after I get some more. I think I will be using up every single RS resin trooper bit I have during this event!

So, in preparation, here is a picture of where these models stand right now!

9 comments:

Durne said...

Good luck. I will be watching this one with interest.

Siph_Horridus said...

Good luck and scorpion speed. I love watching how these challenges unfold... I am whay too slow a painter, maybe I should look ahead and see when I can do one of these challenges to try and speed thro some of my backlog of unpainted minis!

Anonymous said...

Man my scorpions take me wayyyy longer than that. I love the idea of punching out a guy per night but the reality is much different with the sports I play and my girlfriend.

I'm on to the 1 kill point per fortnight training regime, it leaves me a lot of time to fluff about with things getting them right.

Good luck and go for the win!

slipwing said...

Sounds like fun. Good luck!

RTGamer said...

You're going down... Kidding... but seriously you are. ;)

There can only be 1 Ryan left standing at the end of this and it won't be Ryan Seacrest!

Good Luck dude. You are gonna need it!

Unknown said...

Thanks all, should be fun!

Robert Allen said...

I'll be amazed if you don't get sidetracked and start a new army in the middle of this.

Unknown said...

DT: Ive been trying, but ditching most of my armies and saying no more has curbed that some. :)

HuronBH said...

Ah, cool. Found it. Well if you wanted I am doing a FW Order next week and having it expressed to me so it gets to me before Adepticon. Want me to through a set of pads in for you? Or depending on where you live in MD, I have a friend that lives in Sykesville that probably has some kicking around.

Let me know.