analytics

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cryx vs Cryx game

So, there I was, knee deep in tuna fish, and not a screwdriver for miles... Wait, wrong story.

I went out to Games and Stuff this evening, for their Tuesday Warmachine. Actually played a game too, first game in about eight months, and first WM MkII ever. Had a blast, too.

My Opponent was Eric, and he was playing Cryx, like I was.

My list was:

Iron Lich Asphyxious
Slayer
Defiler
Deathripper
Pistol Wraith
6 Mechanithralls

He had:

Iron Lich Asphyxious
Reaper
Necrosurgeon +Stitch Tralls
Mechanithralls + Brute Thrall
Bile Thralls
Machine Wraith
Skarlock Thrall

We know I suck at doing up battle reports, so Ill just give a run down of what killed what, then lessons.

My Slayer was yanked by his Reaper and beaten to a pulp, then finished off by Gaspy. The Defiler was ganged up on by the mechanithralls, until it was finished off by something else (cant remember what did it right now). The Deathripper got on the wrong side of a Purging Bile Thrall... His Gaspy got sick of running from my Pistol Wraith and shoved some Hellfire where the Sun didnt shine, and my Mechithralls ran face first into another purging Bile Thrall.

His NecroSurgeon survived the fight, and rebuilt an insane number of mechanithralls. I probably wiped out that unit twice over before he ran them out of range of the surgeon and into the loving embrace of my Gaspy's spear. I wiped out the entire unit in one round of frenzied spear poking. After that, I realized that I had been playing too defensively, and threw him into melee with the Reaper, and ripped it a new one as well. The Mechine Wraith was just another dead model when I tried to use Breath of Corruption to kill off some of those stitch thralls.

In the end, it came down to just my warcaster against his (though he had the Necrosurgeon patching his up). Finally ended with a blast of Hellfire, and I lost.

Lessons!
Asphyxious is tougher then I expected, and I shouldnt have played so gently for the first half. Might have raised the property damage during the first half of the game if I had.

Pistol Wraiths scare people, yet I have no idea if it is justified.

Mechanithralls had a hard time even hitting my bonejacks, let alone causing serious damage.

I need to pay more attention to facing and deployment for my 'jacks, especially the big scary ones that are better off in melee. Focus allocation too. A 'Jack with Focus on it at the end of the turn is a waste.

Necrosurgeons seem very handy to keep the thralls flowing.

Bile Thralls wandering off and Purging are a great way to ruin someones day.

No comments: