analytics

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My first game with the Grey Knights

So, Saturday I went out and played a 1k game against Deo, my newly assembled Grey Knights against his Dark Eldar.

I learned a great deal during that game. First, my list:

Brotherhood Champion
100

Grey Knight Strike Squad (10) w/3 Halberds, 1 Master Crafted Daemonhammer, 2 Psycannons, Warding Staff
275

Grey Knight Terminator Squad (5) w/2 Halberds, 1 Master Crafted Daemonhammer, 1 Psycannon
230

Stormraven Gunship w/ TL Heavy Bolters, TL Assault Cannon, Hurricane Bolter Sponsons
235

Purifier Squad w/ 2 Psycannons, 2 Halberds, MC Daemonhammer, Digital Weapons
154

Total: 994

As usual, I am not going to wreck myself trying to do a battle report, we are jumping straight to....

LESSONS!
#1 Grey Knights work better as a shooty army. They can and will beat some face in melee, but they do even better from a good distance away.

#2 DO NOT Deep Strike the Stormraven within 6in of the enemy. You will fail to shred whatever you were trying to kill and be completely amazed as the unit hops out and destroys your gunship with melee attacks.

#3 If the Brotherhood Champion had a 2nd wound, he might be a worthwhile secondary HQ.

#4 The Warding Stave, doesnt. (That model is being corrected as soon as I hit publish).

#5 Remember to use the rerolls for your Master Crafted and Digital weapons!

#6 Clone Fields SUCK.

#7 I personally love halberds. I6 against Dark Eldar was worth the points spent.

Now, I will attempt to do a bit more painting!

No comments: