analytics

Friday, March 20, 2015

Heretical Ramblings #1

Welcome to my first Heretical Ramblings, a (hopefully) weekly post where I ramble a bit. I stole the idea in part from Doc Bungle but hope to put my own stamp on things soon enough.

Im sure those that care have seen that Mantic is doing yet another kickstarter, this time returning to Deadzone. Funnily enough, Ive invested a bit in that game, and am considering throwing money at my first miniature Kickstarter. We shall see what they offer!

Privateer is releasing a book collecting all of the theme forces from  No Quarter, so you know Im going to be all over that!

The End Times have... well... ended, and GW is moving on. I finished reading Archaon on Tuesday, and am looking forward to 9th edition.

Last bit of news that I focused on this week was the Khorne Daemonkin book, and the AdMech/Skitarri book next week. I was slightly tempted by Khorne for a minute, but the follow-up rumors killed that in it's infancy. Really looking forward to what they do. Assuming we are not all wrong, and it is a Necron supplement based on the Dragon.

Painting has been slow lately, but (as many of you saw yesterday), I knocked out the beginning of my Thornfall Alliance on Wednesday. On the table right now, a pair of Gun Boars, and a War Hog. Those three plus Lord Carver will give me the Minion Battle Box equivalent, which I can use as a base for the rest of the models in the faction. From there, Ill either build/paint the rest of my 35pt Lord Carver theme force, or maybe whip out Arkadius' battle box.

Why battle boxes? Because my brother doesnt have a force of his own, but seems to like my Protectorate of Menoth starter. So, Im easing him in using battle boxes.

Games played, I had a fun game of WarmaHordes last Thursday night, against the ol' DT. 35pts, Circle (Baldur1) vs Menoth (Resnik1). I scored the single control point, but he won with an assassination.

Sunday night I played battle boxes against my brother. Thornfall (Lord Carver) against Menoth (Kreoss1). Quick and bloody, I won by assassination and having some idea what I was doing.

Last thing I plan to talk about is army ideas I bounced around this week. Sort of a repository for ideas, and they might inspire others to try them.
WHFB
-Khorne Legion of Chaos, led by Valkia, all warriors and daemons.
-Nurgle Legion of Chaos, led by Gutrot Spume. Mix of Daemons, Beastmen, and Warriors.
-Nurgle Legion of the Everchosen, as above, just with added Clan Pestilans Skaven.

30k/40k
-Toying with the idea of these upcoming AdMech as Forge World Gersi, who work for Mortarion. Pretty sure they will cross into 30k soon enough.

WarmaHordes
-Digging out all my old battle boxes got me looking at my Cygnar models again, especially since I dont have a Warmachine faction, just Hordes.