analytics

Monday, February 21, 2011

Ron's Retirement and the Future of the Top Ten

So, I just read about Ron taking a break from From The Warp. First thing that came to mind was "My Baby! Who will take care of my baby!" Yep, I am still attached to the Tuesday Top Ten.

So, I sent an email to Ron about a transfer of power, with me taking the Top Ten back. (See, this is what I get for thinking about retiring!) Ron did an excellent job with it, but I really do understand how much of a time and energy drain it can be.

So, would it be business as usual with me back at the helm? Nope, not a chance in Hell. See, right now I am working a 12 on, 2 off schedule. My time off is very limited. In addition, I am working swing shifts now (2pm-10pm), not as happy as my mids... AND, I have a hard time visiting sites to check content from work, so I would have to do it from home again.

A friend of mine on Twitter (@40kterrain) Suggested getting some volunteers to pick a link each, and writing up a blurb about it, and posting that. Well, I tried something that before, and got a single volunteer. Just one. Not dismissing it out of hand though, but Ill likely modify it for my needs and who I can get to help.

So, lets see, Id be changing the posting schedule (likely every other week), Id be changing the means of collection (at least a little bit), Im considering changing the focus a small bit. Maybe I will even change the name. ;)

Ill let you know what is going on when Ron gets back to me.

3 comments:

The Inner Geek said...

I'd offer to help, but I don't think I could handle the power. We'd see a lot of my blog on the top ten every week. LOL

Karitas said...

Similarly, I'd like to chime in and say "I'll help" but once this holiday is over I don't know if I will be able to stay on track hobby wise.

as Peter Parker once said "With great disposable income comes feck all time to do anything with it."

Unknown said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Dont worry yourselves though, the show will go on, even if I have to clone myself!!