analytics

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fun with water...

After that last post, and just before bed, I started touching up those tac symbols... cleaning up black markings on a yellow model is a major pain. I cleaned the lines up with vomit brown, and will be hitting them again in the morning with golden yellow... at least, thats the plan.

I also started work on the Termy Chaplain. First up I fixed the chips where the black undercoat didnt last, then decided to try some new things. I am usually very happy with drybrushing, its quick and easy. Also, my normal method of painting bone is bronzed flesh over black, followed by bleached bone, and a little bit of skull white. One of these got ditched, the other is not used as much as before with the model... Im hoping to finish him this weekend, and maybe be able to share pics...

I gave the entire model a generous drybrush with codex grey. Then, I mixed up two small drops of chaos black with twenty drops of water. I went over the entire model with that 3-4 times. Then I painted all the bone areas with codex grey, let that dry, then put 3-4 layers of the "black water" over that... then because there wasnt much of it left and I was going to bed, I gave the entire model one last coat of it. Thats where its sitting right now.

Im trying to decide if Im going to go through the grey scale up to skull white for the bone areas, or if I want to mix in some bleached bone. Normally, the bone I paint has a "fleshy/tan" look to it, but Im shooting for more of the dead grey look this time.

Also, anyone got any tips on what to do with the crozius? Im thinking the head will be painted gold, but Im considering washing something else into it for fun...

2 comments:

Tristan M said...

Purple washes over gold can be very effective.

Unknown said...

Purple, hmm? Ill give that a shot. Not the first time Ive heard that over gold, but I wasnt able to find where Id seen it before last night.