analytics

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Master Apothecary

Finally getting off my butt and writing this up... what do you think? He is there to enhance a squad, not be "uber" on his own. Points might be a bit high for what you get, but Id rather he be overpriced then under.

HQ CHOICE-
SPACE MARINE MASTER APOTHECARY.....100 pts
WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W2 I4 A2 Ld10 Sv3+

Unit type:
Infantry

Wargear:
Power Armor
Boltgun or Bolt Pistol
Frag and Krak Grenades
Narthicium
Chainsword

Special Rules:
And They Shall Know No Fear.
Combat Tactics
Independent Character

Options:
Replace Boltgun with:
-Plasma Pistol...+15 pts
-Stormbolter...+3 pts
Replace Chainsword with:
-Power Weapon...+15 pts
May have one of the following:
-Jump Pack...+25 pts
-Space Marine Bike...+35 pts

2 comments:

jabberjabber said...

I like it! I think its probably about right for 100 points - nicely balanced.

Did you consider if there were any other rules you'd like to attach to the character to reflect the position of Master...?

Unknown said...

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of "Save the Geneseed": If the Master Apothecary joins a squad, that squad counts for zero kill points as long as the MA survives. I also considered something like "if the MA is the last surviving member of a squad, he must move away from the enemy until he joins another squad.

In the end, I decided to keep it simple.