analytics

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Current projects, Storm Fists, and painting list

I came to a decision the other day. As much as I like having an Imperial Fists army, and how they look, I HATE painting yellow, and my army was never going to be finished. So, I decided to repaint them, and resurrect my Storm Fists. This is the colors I decided on...

Black armor because its easy to paint. Red shoulders to add color, but on a limited area to keep it easy. Grey head, trim, backpack, and fists to call back to their original colors (solid grey). Debating between hand painting a lightning bolt for the chapter badge, or using the Fist decal. Likely will go with the bolt, as I hate decals.

As far as rules, I am planning on using them as Codex, with the option to swap to Black Templars from time to time.

Of course, with me being me, this is not my only project. Since I sold off my Tomb Kings a while back, I have been lacking a Fantasy army. Last night an impulse buy made that decision for me: I got the Chaos Lord on Manticore. Add that to the unassembled Chaos Warriors and Hellcannon Id socked away, and Ive got the start of a Warriors army. Now to decide which god Ill dedicate them to...

One major benefit to selling off a load of models is that it has made it feasible for me to make a master list of stuff I need to paint. So... I did.

Space Marines
Storm Fists
Sternguard Veteran Squad
6x Tactical Squads
1 Assault Squad
Razorback
Predator
Command Squad
Captain
Librarian
2x Dreadnoughts
Terminator Squad

Red Scorpions
Command Squad
Honor Guard
5 Devastators
2x 10man Tactical Squads

Grey Knights
Captain Stern
Librarian
Brotherhood Champion
5 Purifiers
5 Terminators
10 Strike Squad
Stormraven

Dark Angels
Captain
Deathwing Squad
2x 5man Tactical Squads

Blood Angels
5 Tactical Marines
5 Death Company
Lemartes

Warhammer
Chaos Warriors
Lord/Sorcerer on Manticore
20 Chaos Warriors
Hellcannon

Warmachine/Hordes

Cryx
Lich Lord Asphyxious
Withershadow Combine
2 Necrotechs
2 Scrap Thralls
Erebus
Scaverous
Wraith Engine

Khador
Sorsha
Destroyer
Juggernaught

Menoth
Kreoss
Crusader
Revenger
Repenter

Trollbloods
Maddrak
Axer
2 Impailers

Legion
Lylyth
Carnivean
4 Shredders

Circle
Kayla
Feral Warpwolf
2 Argus

Skorne
Morghoul
Titan Gladiator
2 Cyclopes Savages

Of course, this is not a list of all I own, just what I still need to work on. I decided to not limit or force myself to paint anything in particular, other then I am not allowed to add something to the list without finishing something else. Going to try to keep it to a model for model basis.

4 comments:

Warflake said...

I don't blame you on giving up on yellow. Hard work. New scheme looks good.

Vitor said...

I thought black was easy till I started my own chapter and the hard edge highlighting is a pain to do throughout an entire army!!

Your scheme looks good, I would use boltgun metal instead of grey though.

Unknown said...

Thanks!

Vitor: Im keeping it simple. Spray black with touch ups, sloppy shadow grey drybrush, then washing it with black. Not going to win awards, but they will be done.

Im trying to avoid BG metal on these guys, since Ive already got the Grey Knights wearing that color like it is going out of style.

Durne said...

:) I don't blame you either on the yellow, have you tried using Tausept ochre followed by a drybrush/highlight with iyanden darksun you get some nicelooking imperial fists. also, GW, why the F**** do you need to make these names needlessly complex? But I do the like the new scheme very much.