analytics

Monday, November 9, 2009

Playing catch up...

So, Im kinda in a gaming funk right now. I know what I should be working on, and I even have a system to make it easier... I should be working on all my various Space Marines, and Im trying to work on 5 at a time, a combat squad from a different chapter each time. Ive got some Imperial Fists on the table right now, and they are giving me the "when are you gonna finish us" look.

I pulled out that High Elf Battalion thats been in my closet since it was released, discovered that the Silver Helms were assembled and had the metal done on them (I didnt remember doing that), and I partially assembled some Sea Guard. I had been hoping to finish the entire box over the weekend. I am going to aim at finishing that unit this week... Ive gotta clean up their off hand and glue it on, then prep and add bows and heads, then work up the command.

Ive been looking at the Warmachine stuff lately, kinda thinking about dusting them off again and trying to find where I stashed my copy of the MK2 rules, maybe challenging DT to a game once I actually read them. Then again, I might just keep them boxed until after I move and after the new stuff is on the shelves.

I had a wacky idea earlier about starting a new Top Ten, this time for WM/Hordes blogs. Of course Id need to do an online walkabout, try to find a larger chunk of blogs dedicated to that game. Im not going to start it yet, at the earliest it would be when Im back on a sane 8 hour shift, instead of the crazy 10-12s Im doing now. Slight possibility of waiting until the 40k one hits the 1 year mark. Maybe.

Something has been gaining in popularity lately thats annoying me. I use a reader to read all the posts that go on during the day. I almost always save them to read during work, with the exception of Tuesday mornings. Well, people have been setting their feeds to truncate messages. I understand why people do it, you actually want people to visit your site, and people who visit are far more likely to leave a reply... Well, Ive got a lot of stuff that I like to read (over 800 just from this weekend, not all 40k related obviously), and the blocker on my work line is pretty strict about anything it considers Gaming... Add in that the browser I use hates to allow me to reply anyways, and I see no reason to visit the site instead of the reader. Now, lets look forward to Tuesday morning, Ive got well over 500 40k related posts to look at, and Ive got to do this and somehow to sneak sleep, food, showers, and spending time with my wife into 11 hours. First thing that gets cut? You got it, posts that are truncated, unless they have a kickass title or first couple sentences. I hate to look at it that way, but at least until Im working a regular schedule again, thats that.

Deo has picked up the new Skaven book, Im hoping to get my copy after next pay day. I like the new models, but I havnt gotten the new army bug on them yet, which really surprises me. Might be because Ive not been paying as much attention to the rumors and models yet. It will prolly go into overdrive once the book is in hand...

Oh, I finally got rid of all my dwarf models. Getting a nice chunk of change from a buddy of Deo. A large part of the funds will be going in bills, but Im saving a nice chunk of it to restock my model collection. Not entirely sure what with yet, though.

4 comments:

Jason said...

I agree with the truncated posts part. It annoys me as well. If they are worried about advertising, they can easily include advertising in the feed if that is what concerns them. Otherwise, there really is no excuse.

Robert Allen said...

I've played 3 and a half* games of Warmachine Mark II. I rather like it. So far I have to say that it seems fresh and much less bogged-down under the weight of SO many unit special rules like 1st edition.

What force do you have?

* - the half game was when we left to go eat mid-way through and came back having completely forgotten the unfinished game, having moved on mentally to a game of Blood bowl....

Unknown said...

@Jason, I agree, I have no problem scrolling past a few extra ads!

@DT, Cryx, and a decent force of them as well... I also picked up the Cygnar starter box, and have been thinking of making that my primary force.

Robert Allen said...

Well when you have time to play, you let me know.